Supporting SCCT


South Carolina Children’s Theatre believes a child’s life is changed as the curtain rises, whether they stand on the stage before their peers or sit in the audience as a story unfolds before them.

SCCT’s Theatre Outreach Partnerships (TOPs) was created to bring the theatre arts to children who are at-risk, disadvantaged, hospitalized or have special needs. TOPs began by providing scholarships to our education classes to children who are at-risk and disadvantaged. We now bring our residencies to many hospitals, child-centered agencies, and Title One schools. TOPs is funded by support from individuals, corporations, foundations and government grants so these programs can be offered free-of-charge. We are dedicated to giving back to our community by putting our resources where they are needed most.

Donations made to SCCT are tax deductible and help bring our productions, theatre education classes and outreach programs to the Upstate community.

Giving Back

One of the biggest joys of the work we do is giving back to the children in our community. Here are the ways you can help us:


Donate Online



JLG Kids
We provide complimentary tickets for our MainStage performances at the Peace Center to children at local agencies.

Our partnership with the Greenville Symphony Orchestra provides free 30-minute performances for children and families.
Know Way Bullying Prevention
Our KNOW WAY program addresses bullying in local elementary schools. In 2015, we performed in 29 schools and in front of more than 6,440 students.


Established in 1987, SCCT is the largest year-round children’s theatre in the state of South Carolina. While we are very fortunate to earn 70% of our budget, the remaining 30% comes from the support of our partners. In 2003, SCCT was a recipient of the Secretary of State’s Angel Award, where we were recognized for spending 89.2% of all monies raised directly on our programs.